Audition Information for The Nance by Douglas Carter Beane
January 16 & 17, 7 pm each night at the Bartell Theatre, 113 E Mifflin St, Madison.
Running April 21 - May 6 – 18, 2017 at the Bartell Theatre.
A co-production of Madison Theatre Guild & OUT!Cast Theatre!!
Directed by Steve Noll
- Chauncey Miles, male, a closeted gay burlesque comic who plays a "nance" on stage. Witty, sarcastic but bitter. Must read in his 40s.
- Ned, male, must read 20s. Young and innocent, he has a secret relationship with Chauncey, later he becomes a stage performer. Role includes brief nudity.
- Ephraim, male. Must read older. Lead comedian and manager of the theatre. Gruff.
- Sylvie, female, a burlesque dancer, must read 20s or early 30s. Member of Communist party and not afraid to argue politics.
- Joan, female, a burlesque dancer, 20s. More innocent and vivacious.
- Carmen, female, a burlesque dancer, must read 20s or 30s. Specializes in playing onstage with exaggerated Latin-American accent.
What to prepare: You will be asked to do cold readings from the script. Please also bring a completed audition form and a calendar marked with any conflicts.
Performances: Friday, Apr 21 - 7:30, Saturday, Apr 22 - 7:30, Thursday, Apr 27 - 7:30, Friday, Apr 28 - 7:30, Saturday, Apr 29 - 7:30, Sunday, Apr 30 - 2:00 pm, Thursday, May 4 - 7:30, Friday, May 5 - 7:30, Saturday, May 6 - 2:00 pm
Casting Decisions: Casting decisions will be made as soon as possible. Please be patient. We will contact everyone by phone or e-mail. In addition, the cast list will be posted on the Madison Theatre Guild website shortly after people are notified.
Rehearsals will begin Monday, March 6th and will be Monday – Thursday, 7:00 to 10:00 pm, at the MTG Firehouse, 2410 Monroe Street, Madison.